School of Education & Human Services
Master of Arts in Teaching
Pursue the challenge and reward of a career change. Perhaps it came when you were a volunteer coach. Perhaps it came when you became a parent, or when your children began school. Perhaps it was the realization of what a certain teacher meant to you in your life. Or maybe it was just a desire to share your knowledge and experience with a new generation. Your work and your life experiences have led you here. You are being called to teach. Mount St. Mary's has a program to help you realize your calling and your passion.
Admission Requirements & Application
Individuals wishing to apply for admission into the MAT program should submit the following items:
- Completed application-available online
- Nonrefundable $35 application fee
- Undergraduate transcript(s) from an accredited four-year institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Praxis I-Academic Skills Assessment passing scores and Praxis II Content Knowledge passing scores.
The State of Maryland also accepts SAT, GRE, and ACT qualifying scores
- An admissions portfolio
- Admission interview-For foreign language, a writing sample and language proficiency interview are required.
Barbara Martin Palmer, Ph.D.
Dean of the School of Education and Human Services
Locations: Emmitsburg and Frederick