Searching for an Internship
The Career Center has a number of recommended websites to begin your internship search. Be sure to discuss your internship plans with professors, your peers, family and friends. Use these individuals to begin networking for opportunities.
Students are encouraged to make an appointment to discuss their interest in doing an internship. The Career Center staff will help students prepare their resumes as well as provide information on internship sites that other Mount students have interned.
Conducting your internship search:
- Search internship postings on College Central- search for on and off campus internship postings.
- Review internship books, postings, and company information in the Career Center.
- Attend area and on-campus Internship and Job Fairs.
- Network with Mount St. Mary’s alumni, friends, family, professors, etc.
- Search the Internet by visiting company websites or internship search engines such as:
- http://www.internshipprograms.com/ - national internship listings
- http://www.internships-usa.com/, then Click on "The Internship Series On-Line"Log-in with Username: StMarysU and Password: Mary201213
- http://www.monstertrack.com - national internship listings
- http://www.idealist.org/ -nonprofit organizations
- http://www.studentjobs.gov/ - government positions geared specifically for students
- http://www.internships4you.com/ -internship and job database
- http://teamworkonline.com/ -sports related internships and jobs
- http://www.house.gov/ - to search for congressional internships with various representatives, simply enter "Internships" into the search box.
- The Mount in Washington Internship Semester– a special program specifically designed so that Mount St. Mary’s University students can spend a semester in Washington DC in a credit based internship. Students who participate in this program can earn up to 15 credits.
Please contact the Career Center if you are interested in finding more resources and websites to search.