From left to right: Paul Frey, Vice President, Frederick County Chamber of Commerce; Randy McClement, Mayor, City of Frederick; Shelly Aloi, Board of Aldermen, City of Frederick; Bruce Norman, Director of Physical Plant, Mount. St. Mary’s University; Joe Lebherz, Director, Frederick Campus, Mount St. Mary’s University; Jesse Martin, Adler Group; Dr. David Rehm, Provost, Mount St. Mary’s University; Galen Clagett, Delegate, Maryland Legislature; Dr. Gregory S. Ochoa, Academic Dean, Frederick Campus, Mount St. Mary’s University; Michael O’Connor, Board of Aldermen, City of Frederick; Patrick Hogan, Delegate, Maryland Legislature; Jim Mills, Design Story Architects; Jean Smith, President, Frederick County Board of Education; Kelly Schulz, Delegate, Maryland Legislature; Kelly Kresky, Corporate Relations Director, Frederick Campus, Mount St. Mary’s University; Matt Warner, President, R.W. Warner, Inc.; Ric Adams, President & CEO, Frederick County Chamber of Commerce. Photograph by Robert Burke
Mount St. Mary’s University celebrated the expansion of its Frederick campus on April 17 at 11:00 a.m. with a dedication ceremony attended by elected officials, business leaders, representatives from Fort Detrick and the Frederick County Chamber of Commerce, and graduates of the Mount. Attendees joined University President Thomas H. Powell and the University leadership with a ribbon-cutting and blessing the building and classrooms.
The Frederick Campus is hosting an Open House on Wednesday, May 8 from 4 to 7p.m. All are welcome to tour the new classrooms and to learn about the accelerated evening programs. Register online to attend or call 301-682-8315.
The Frederick Campus was established in 1999 with a three-classroom suite in an adjacent building in the I-270 Tech Park, located immediately below the Francis Scott Key Mall. The University built out 16,000 sq. ft of space in its current location in 2002. Due to recent growth and an opportunity to expand operations within the same building, the Mount now occupies the entire 28,000 sq. ft. building. Recent exterior and interior renovations and additions provide 14 classrooms, which includes one grand conference room, five additional offices, a small bookstore, larger lobby and a new student lounge.
The University offers degree programs at the undergraduate (degree-completion) and graduate levels in business, criminal justice, education, and health administration, together with new graduate certificate programs in project management, organizational development, logistics and supply-chain management, and, next year, in government contracting.
Mount St. Mary’s University is a Catholic liberal arts institution of higher education founded in 1808, and chartered by the Maryland Legislature in 1830.