Advancement Mission Statement:
The Advancement Office exists in order to foster a community of shared values by garnering philanthropic support for the educational activities of the Mount. The Advancement Office staff carries out this mission:
1. By communicating Mount St. Mary’s University’s values, achievements, aspirations, and needs to all members of the campus community, as well as to the general public and by facilitating constructive communication among the various members of this community;
2. By involving community members as volunteers and advocates for the Mount;
3. By eliciting voluntary commitments of financial support that represent thoughtful investments in the shared values of the Mount community;
4. By recognizing the best qualities of the Mount and observing the highest standards of personal and professional conduct as articulated in the Statement of Ethics published by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
5. By serving as catalysts for the articulation and clarification of institutional values and aspirations and sharing responsibility for creating a climate in which the values of the University are interpreted and shared.