- Consistent integrity, quality and accuracy.
- A forward-looking and problem-solving approach.
- Appreciation for the expertise, dedication and responsibilities of Catholic college and university leaders and faculty.
- Respect for the authority of the Vatican and bishops with regard to Catholic identity for Catholic higher education.
- Promoting excellence in leadership of Catholic higher education by studying and recommending policies and practices to enhance Catholic identity in areas of academic quality, student life, governance and Church relations.
- Providing insightful and valuable analysis of critical issues and developments in higher education, the Church and government that impact Catholic colleges and universities.
- Fostering collaboration and mutual support among academic and religious leaders who are committed to faithful, quality Catholic higher education.