Skip Navigation


You May Need to Check Your Withholding Form

Since you last filed Form W-4 with your employer did you …

  • Marry or divorce?
  • Gain or lose a dependent?
  • Change your name?

Were there major changes to

  • Your non-wage income(interest, dividends, capital gains, etc.)?
  • Your family wage income(you or your spouse started or ended a job)?
  • Your itemized deductions?
  • Your tax credits?

If You Answered “YES ” ...

To any of these questions or you owed extra tax when you filed your last tax return, you may need to file a new Form W-4 for this year.

Contact the Department of Human Resources for a new Form W-4 or call the IRS at 1-800-829-3676.

16300 Old Emmitsburg Road | Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Map & Directions | | 301-447-6122
Frederick Campus | 5350 Spectrum Drive | Frederick, MD 21703
Map & Directions | | 301-682-8315