Part-Time Recreational Facility Supervisor (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
Minimum Pay Rate: $10.45 per hour
Work Schedule: Part-time, 12 hours per week, Schedule Varies
Essential Position Functions:
- Collect monies for memberships, instructional programs i.e., (aerobics, aquatics), and rentals.
- Supervise student employees who are working on his/her shift including orientation of new staff on procedures and job duties.
- Monitor entire facility and report damage as well as identifying abusers.
- Maintain statistics and records on ARCC usage.
- Perform laundry duties as necessary.
- Collect, compile and record sign in sheets from the various user areas in the ARCC.
- Check reservation schedules and assist in the set up of recreational equipment.
- Perform routine job duties such as: Xeroxing, answering phones, scheduling appointments.
- Act as host or tour guide while providing information on ARCC facilities and programs.
- Assist in training of new Facility Supervisors.
- Responsible for opening and closing the ARCC.
- Process ARCC memberships and Mount employee dependent ID cards.
- Assist in coordinating use of building between the other departments on campus (Athletics, Conferences, etc.) and Recreational Services.
- Handle emergency situations and refer to Security.
1. Assist in writing manuals for ARCC (workers & users).
2. Work closely with the Intramural/Club Sport Coordinator.
3. Perform general maintenance and cleaning tasks.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Must be familiar with and adhere to all the safety rules and regulations for the University Safety Policy which apply to the work environment.
- Ability to read, write and follow directions.
- Must have a pleasant personality and the ability to handle pressure and different types of people.
- Prior supervisory positions and experience in recreation, exercise science or a related area are recommended.
- Ability to obtain certification in American Red Cross Sports Safety Certification.
- Ability to obtain certification as a Certified Pool Operator.
- Must be able to work varying shifts/hours based on academic year, semester break and summer hours of operations.
- Overtime may be required.
Knott Athletic Recreation Convocation Complex.
Computer, copier, telephone, credit card machine.
Substantial amount of walking required, as well as the physical ability to set up and tear down game standards. Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs.
Supervise work study students in the PNC Fitness Center, pool, and Issue and Control.
To Apply: Complete the Application (Found under the Staff Positions Listings). Mail with cover letter and resume to the Department of Human Resources, Part-time Recreational Facility Supervisor Search, 16300 Old Emmitsburg Road, Emmitsburg MD 21727 or fax to (301) 447-5864. Resume materials may also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send inquiries to: email@example.com.
Mount St. Mary's seeks administrators who are eager to engage and support our Catholic identity. Mount St. Mary's University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.