Patrol Officer/Dispatcher - Full-Time (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
Minimum Pay Rate: $10.45/per hour
Hours: Full-time, 40/hours per week, Shift Work, Weekends
Essential Position Functions:
Support the Shift Supervisors in performance of their duties and adhere to their directions. Immediate response to all emergency dispatches, assisting shift supervisor as instructed. Patrol grounds and buildings as assigned according to directives; being attentive for fire, security and safety hazards, taking corrective measures or documenting for repair. Respond as directed to service calls. Secure/unsecure buildings as assigned times. Enforce University rules and regulations. Complete all incident reports prior to shift change. May need to work alone/unsupervised in emergencies.
- Direct traffic and enforce parking regulations.
- Provide leadership and guidance when interacting with members of the community, in a manner that represents professionalism, courtesy, and caring.
- Contribute to a hospitable work environment.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Be knowledgeable of, comprehend, and adhere to Department policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with crime prevention procedures; legal aspects of private security; principles of community policing; principles of problem solving policing.
- Knowledge of and committed to the mission of the University and the department.
- Be acquainted with the Student Development, Academic, Administrative, and Physical Plant operations.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all the safety rules and regulations for the University Safety Policy which apply to the work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Security or police experience helpful.
- Current EMT certification is a priority.
- Good communications and human relations skills.
- Must become certified in basic First Aid and CPR within six months of hire.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must be prepared to work unsupervised, and be willing to accept responsibility of doing so.
- Shift work, weekends, holidays and overtime work required.
- Must successfully pass a law enforcement background check.
Campus grounds and buildings.
Two way radios and ten code; master keys; pepper spray*; hand cuffs* (*must be certified to carry these).
- Physically capable of hearing, seeing, and responding immediately to life and death emergencies, and initiating crisis management procedures.
- Physically capable of performing foot patrol and traffic duties.
To Apply: Complete the Application (Found under the Staff Positions Listings). Mail with cover letter and resume to the Department of Human Resources, Patrol Officer Search, 16300 Old Emmitsburg Road, Emmitsburg MD 21727 or fax to (301) 447-5864. Resume may also be sent by email to email@example.com.
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's seeks administrators who are eager to engage and support our Catholic identity. Mount St. Mary's University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.