Alumni Relations Social Media/Program Coordinator - Part-Time (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
Minimum Pay Rate: $11.70 per hour
Work Schedule: Part-time, Monday-Friday, 20 hours per week
The Mount St. Mary’s Office of Alumni Relations seeks a candidate to primarily manage and execute the Alumni section of the Mount website and Alumni social media strategies, as well as perform additional marketing and communications functions for the extensive network of Mount St. Mary’s Alumni. The ideal candidate will be a goal driven self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work independently, possess an understanding of marketing and communication to university alumni.
Essential Position Functions:
- Create content for Alumni social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Post approved content to relevant platforms.
- Monitor and engage in conversations on social media sites.
- Implement the use of social media tools for special projects, such as, homecoming, reunion, and regional alumni events.
- Update and create content for the Alumni portion of the Mount’s website.
- Using the events module and email marketing tool of the Alumni online community, coordinate event marketing and email communication.
- Writing, electronic/website development, marketing and other communications assignments as appropriate.
- Partner with the office’s professional staff on projects including feature writing, marketing research and website design.
- Attends and works events as assigned.
- Candidate should be a team player, possess good judgment and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, while prioritizing, planning and organizing accordingly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the applications of electronic and social media.
- Skilled in editing and proofreading.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in events planning and marketing or positions of similar responsibility are preferred
To Apply: Complete the Application (Found under the Staff Positions Listings). Mail with cover letter and resume to the Department of Human Resources, Part-time Alumni Relations Social Media/Program Coordinator Search, 16300 Old Emmitsburg Road, Emmitsburg MD 21727 or fax to (301) 447-5864. Resume may also be sent by email to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled.
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's seeks administrators who are eager to engage and support our Catholic identity. Mount St. Mary's University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.