Part-time Administrative Assistant - Seminary (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
3-Year Special Project - "Pastors and Stewards"
Pay Rate: $10.45 per hour
Work Schedule: Part-time, 20 hours per week, 4-5 days per week
Essential Position Functions:
Major duties are the provision of general administrative support to the project leadership team. This will include:
- Scheduling, organizing, implementation, and follow-up for meetings and project events.
- Generating and managing project Excel spreadsheets (basic) for reporting and budgeting purposes.
- Assisting with report generation, survey development and implementation, and other project products as requested.
- Responsible for the transcription of diocesan survey responses (typing from detailed notes or typed responses).
- Assembly and dissemination of reports and other written material.
- Writing letters, invitations, and public relations material.
- Aiding Project leadership and Committees in working on all aspects of project activities and interacting effectively as a major “point” person for the project.
- Performance of routine office duties such as copying, phone calls, and scheduling appointments.
- In-depth knowledge of Roman Catholic parish administration, with its cultures and structure, and seminary activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with ability to learn other software programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all the safety rules and regulations for the University Safety Policy which apply to the work environment.
- 5+ years administrative work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate, following detailed directions on a variety of tasks.
- Ability to be flexible with hours occasionally around project events.
- Ability to work with different types of people from a variety of departments, both internal and external to the University and Seminary, pleasantly relating to people while completing tasks and handling pressure under deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- High degree of confidentiality required.
Primary Equipment used:
Computers, slide projectors, printers/copiers, telephones.
Able to deliver documents, files etc. to various locations throughout campus, ability to organize and set up for professional meetings and events. Must be able to lift and/or move, for example, office chairs and tables.
Supervision and Relationships:
Aid in supervision of students assigned to project, be an interactive member of the Project Team, and work with the project Advisory Committees.
To Apply: Complete the Application (Found under the Staff Positions Listings). Plus mail with cover letter linking your experience with the nine major duties of the Essential Position Functions above, along with your resume to the Department of Human Resources, Administrative Assistant (Part-time) – Seminary Search, 16300 Old Emmitsburg Road, Emmitsburg MD 21727 or fax to (301) 447-5864. Resume may also be sent by email to email@example.com.
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's seeks administrators who are eager to engage and support our Catholic identity. Mount St. Mary's University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.