Programmer Analyst (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
The Programmer Analyst maintains, implements and supports the University’s application software for various administrative departments.
1. Support to various departments for administrative systems
- Report writing, verification of data accuracy, resolution of customer problems, interface with vendors, training.
- Communicate project status to management on a regular basis.
2. Maintain administrative system software
- Coordinate and install systems and applications software upgrades
- Coordinate systems changes with users and network support
- Resolution of systems problems with vendors and network support
1. Maintain an awareness of new and emerging technologies.
2. Test and verify proposed new systems and applications.
The Programmer Analyst receives direction and reports to Applications Manager.
This position is both functional and technical - working with the faculty and staff in the various offices and working with the systems and applications. Strong interpersonal and analytical skills are needed. Must be service oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Capability to establish project priorities and accomplish multiple tasks. Experienced with SQL Server and Windows platforms. Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel and Access). Knowledge of academic administrative software and operating environments is a plus. A bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science and at least two years of experience is preferred.
TO APPLY: Applicants are requested to submit a resume, three letters of recommendations, and cover letter which in part addresses the contribution the candidate can make to a Catholic liberal arts institution. Information is to be sent to:
Barbara R. Miller, PHR, MBA
Director of Human Resources
Programmer Analyst Search
Mount St. Mary’s University
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, Maryland 21727
or email resume materials to: email@example.com. This position will remain opened until filled.
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mount St. Mary's seeks administrators who are eager to engage and support our Catholic identity. Mount St. Mary's University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.