Assistant Registrar (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
Assists the Registrar in the maintenance of all official academic records; certification of degrees and official transcripts; registration of graduate and undergraduate students; and room scheduling.
- Advise and assist matriculated students with course selection for their first semester.
- Schedule classroom space for all undergraduate courses. Insures classrooms are adequate in size.
- Develop and maintain transfer course articulation agreements with community colleges. Liaison with community college for other transfer-related matters.
- Coordinate the running and collection of class rosters, grade sheets, and mid-term grades.
- Assist in the construction of the fall, spring, and summer course schedules in conjunction with the Registrar.
- Assist with student enrollment verifications and the completion of other forms on an as-needed basis.
- In cooperation with Chair of Department of Foreign Languages, coordinate fall, spring, and summer semester registration and recordkeeping for American Institute of Foreign Study (AIFS) and other MSM sponsored study abroad programs.
- Supervise office personnel in absence of Registrar.
- Ensure compliance with NCAA and conference rules and regulations related to continuing academic eligibility of student athletes
- Assist with annual Commencement and Honors Convocation.
- Serve on those committees required by the office and to which appointed or elected.
- Carry on the necessary and appropriate correspondence connected with the office.
- Maintain academic records to accurately reflect information for reports, certificates, transcripts and other requirements for both inside and outside the institution.
- Perform all duties as may arise from time to time and are sanctioned by the appropriate University official(s).
The Assistant Registrar reports directly to the Registrar.
- Computer knowledge: Database Jenzabar, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook Email, Internet, Access, and Excel.
- Thorough understanding of academic policies and procedures.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all the safety rules and regulations for the University Safety Policy which apply to the work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred and a thorough understanding of academic policies and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the Jenzabar computer system (training provided).
- Ability to follow directions and attention to detail.
- Business background and work experience required.
- Maintain confidentiality of development prospects and administrative matters.
Applicants are requested to submit a résumé and a cover letter which in part addresses the contribution the candidate can make to a Catholic liberal arts institution. Information is to be sent to:
Barbara Miller, PHR, MBA
Director of Human Resources
Assistant Registrar Search
Mount St. Mary’s University
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, Maryland 21727
Resumes may also be sent to email@example.com. This position will remain opened until filled.
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mount St. Mary’s University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.