Assistant Director for Institute Leadership (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
- Official Operation of E-folio:
Responsibilities include maintain the Veritas Leadership E-folio online, student and faculty training, offering additional support to students and faculty (on a need basis), and presenting E-folio workshops throughout the academic year; working with the Mount's Information Technology office to run reports and evaluations of E-folio data, updating E-folio questionnaires and evaluation levels; tracking all students for graduation requirement; communicating with Avenet E-folio (in Minnesota).
- General Institute Support:
Perform day-to-day responsibilities of the Institute for Leadership Studies (ILS) to include: word processing (course work, correspondence, evaluations, reports, scholarship, brochures, booklets, and posters), photocopying, telephone, mail, faxing, book orders (class, office, library), file management, routine correspondence composition, anticipation of upcoming events and organizing accordingly, coordination and scheduling of events (meetings, appointments, lectures, films, etc.), requisitioning supplies and maintenance repair work, travel arrangements, and bulletin board upkeep.
- Official Operation of Institute:
Present a positive image to the Mount community, alumni, and public while overseeing the efficient operation of the Institute as a first point of contact. Responsibilities include maintaining the smooth operations of the office; providing all required administrative support to the Director, including maintaining his schedule; assisting the Director with the implementation of ILS programs, including the leadership portfolio; maintaining all student leadership portfolios; coordinating student leadership programs with various campus constituencies; perform research and provide information to students on leadership opportunities on campus, including clubs, honor societies, service activities, and athletics; perform research and provide information to students about leadership opportunities off campus, including internships, study abroad programs, and volunteer work; perform research and provide information to students on service-learning opportunities; assist the Director in the planning of student activities that are specific to leadership studies, such as leadership seminars, workshops, book clubs, fundraisers, etc., to enhance student involvement; assist the Director to introduce the ILS to students and campus constituencies through the campus newspaper, radio station, and other social networks; coordinate outreach efforts; assist in the development of the ILS webpage; assist in grant applications, including careful assembly of all required documents; liaison with other campus offices, recruiting, scheduling and supervising work study students.
- Prepare and track budgets (institute and library); records and transcribes minutes; compile and compose statistics and data for annual departmental report; provide support for position searches;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer software: word processing (Microsoft Office Professional edition including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher), Microsoft Outlook, Moodle.
- Ability to operate office equipment (fax and photocopying machines, telephone, etc.).
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all the safety rules and regulations for the University Safety Policy which apply to the work environment.
- Master's Degree.
- Experience dealing with a wide variety of personalities; maintain an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency at managing multiple tasks simultaneously with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must be organized, dependable, and able to manage time efficiently, and display initiative.
To Apply: Applicants are requested to submit a résumé, three letters of recommendation, and a cover letter which in part addresses the contribution the candidate can make to a Catholic liberal arts institution. Information is to be sent to:
Barbara R. Miller, PHR, MBA
Director of Human Resources
Assistant Director for Institute Leadership Search
Mount St. Mary's University
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, Maryland 21727
Applicants may also send resume materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxed to (301) 447-5864. This position will remain opened until filled.
Send inquiries to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's University has a strong commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we seek and welcome candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.