Assistant Director for Residence Life (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
The Assistant Director of Residence Life is a live-in position that reports to the Dean of Students. The position assists the Office of Residence Life in the fulfillment of the mission of the University and the department to provide students with a living – learning environment that promotes faith, discovery, leadership and community in support of the University’s mission and Catholic values. The mission of the Office of Residence Life is to foster a Catholic community conducive to the holistic formation of residential students through experiential education which is the development of young women and men who graduate with high intellectual and moral standards. This position is a twelve-month, live-in position that requires evening and weekend hours.
- Serve as a role model, resource, and referral agent to resident students
- Develop positive relationships with students in the residence halls while providing overall supervision and management of assigned residential areas.
- Be an active and present leader within the campus residence halls.
- Supervise 20-25 Resident Assistants.
- Work with individual students to resolve various residential issues such as roommate conflicts, etc.
- Work with individual students to assist and support them with academic, social and transitional concerns.
- Assist with the Housing Selection process.
- Participate in the supervision of the summer housing and summer Resident Assistant program.
- Lead a Resident Assistant Committee to complete specific task(s) throughout the academic year.
- Develop positive collaborative relationships with departments, including Physical Plant, Public Safety, Dinning Services, the Counseling, Health Services, Campus Ministry, Recreation Services, Accounting & Financial Affairs.
- Serve on University committees as assigned by the Dean of Students or Senior Administrators.
- Participate in Admissions programs such as: Open Houses and Accepted Students Day.
- Participate and assist in supervision of major events held by the University and/or the Office of Campus Activities such as: New Student Orientation, Welcome Week, Family Fest and others as assigned.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Serve in the On-Call rotation as scheduled.
SPECIFIC TASKS OF THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR:
- Supervise Sheridan Hall, Pangborn Hall, Bicentennial Hall, and the Summit House (Wellness Housing).
- Oversee Learning Living communities in supervised areas.
- Supervise Area Coordinators (Senior RA Staff) within area staff.
- Co-Facilitate annual Resident Assistant training and on-going in service training.
- Facilitate the RA Selection Process.
- In conjunction with Associate Director and Assistant Director, organize and facilitate Hall break, opening and closing procedures.
The Assistant Director position requires a demonstrated commitment to the Catholic, liberal arts mission of the University. It is preferred that the successful candidate will possess a Master’s degree in a relevant field and have a proven record of success in higher education leadership.
To Apply: Applicants are requested to submit a résumé and a cover letter which in part addresses the contribution the candidate can make to a Catholic liberal arts institution. Information is to be sent to:
Barbara R. Miller, PHR, MBA
Department of Human Resources
Assistant Director for Residence Life Search
Mount St. Mary’s University
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, Maryland 21727
or email resume materials to email@example.com. This position is open until filled.
Send Inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount St. Mary's seeks administrators who are eager to engage and support our Catholic identity. Mount St. Mary's University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.