Registrar (Job Search Status: Currently Accepting Resumes)
Responsible to the Associate Provost for custody of all official academic records of the institution; certification of degrees and official transcripts; registration of graduate and undergraduate students; reporting official enrollment data to Maryland Higher Education Commission, National Center for Educational Statistics and related educational organizations. Provides support and information to the Associate Provost on an on-going basis on student progress and status; master class schedule; faculty advisory system, and other related academic functions.
- Arrange for registration of graduate and undergraduate students.
- In cooperation with the Associate Provost and Department Chairpersons, plan faculty and student class schedules and arrange classrooms to accommodate the classes.
- Provide liaison and act as coordinator for annual reporting of educational statistics to Maryland Higher Education Commission, National Center for Educational Statistics, and the Veterans Administration.
- Prepare class lists, grade sheets and examination schedules.
- Issue grade reports to students, parents, faculty advisors and administrative officers at established dates.
- Serve on the transfer student admissions committee and evaluate records and transcripts for submission to the committee for approval of transfer, matriculation, etc.
- Serve on the At-Risk Committee providing necessary data and support to the committee as well as working with students who are considered at-risk.
- Process for credit approval with proper officials results of College Board Advanced Placement Tests, College Level Examination Placement, and Adult Degree Completion Program credentials.
- Coordinate with the Data & Information Services the input of academic information to facilitate reporting from this data to other college administrative offices.
- Supervise personnel in the employ of the office.
- Ensures compliance with NCAA and conference rules and regulations related to continuing academic eligibility of student athletes.
- Serves on Orientation Committee providing assistance with data gathering, testing results, packets for advising of students, and registration assistance.
- Handles all academic aspects of graduation for undergraduate and graduate commencements including ordering of diplomas, clearing of students, and the process surrounding petitioning for graduation.
- Certifies international students and prepares the initial student visa.
- Certifies Veterans for educational benefits every semester.
- Maintain academic records to currently reflect information for reports, certificates, transcripts and other requirements for both inside and outside the institution.
- Prepare for the faculty a list of students eligible for graduation and academic honors. Provide for the students appropriately authenticated diplomas or certificates to reflect their respective achievement(s).
- Carry on the necessary and appropriate correspondence connected with the office.
- Maintain student records after withdrawal or graduation including maintenance of the microfilm/microfiche files.
- In cooperation with the Associate Provost, prepare a detailed academic calendar by semester for distribution to the college community.
- Assist the Associate Provost and the Public Relations Office in preparation of the College Catalogue.
- In cooperation with the Provost and the Associate Provost, prepare programs for the annual Honors Convocation and Commencement.
- Submit a budget for operation of the office annually to the Associate Provost.
- Serve on those committees required by the office and to which appointed or elected.
- Perform all duties as may arise from time to time and are sanctioned by the appropriate college official(s).
The Registrar reports directly to the Associate Provost.
Master’s degree plus five (5) years or more of related experience preferred.
To Apply: Applicants are requested to submit a resume, three letters of recommendations, and cover letter which in part addresses the contribution the candidate can make to a Catholic liberal arts institution. Information is to be sent to:
Barbara R. Miller, PHR, MBA
Director of Human Resources
Mount St. Mary’s University
16300 Old Emmitsburg Road
Emmitsburg, Maryland 21727
or email resume materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain opened until filled.
Send inquiries to: email@example.com
Mount St. Mary's seeks administrators who are eager to engage and support our Catholic identity. Mount St. Mary's University has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices; we actively seek and welcome applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world.