School of Natural Science and Mathematics
The Mount's Pre-Med program prepares students for a future in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary medicine. We take a comprehensive approach to ensure you are a strong candidate for admission to medical or dental schools, and that you will be successful once you're there.
We combine a strong curriculum in the sciences with our Veritas Program to prepare you to be an engaged and critical thinker with excellent communication skills. We provide opportunities to work one-on-one with faculty on research - a rare opportunity at larger institutions.
The Mount's Health Professions Advisor works biology, biochemistry and chemistry major students beginning in freshman year to ensure they're on the right track for graduate school.The advisor will help you make smart decisions about courses, choose the proper graduate schools, and guide you through the application process. And our track record is excellent. Recent Mount graduates have gone to great schools: Johns Hopkins University, University of Maryland, Temple University, Drexel University, and College of Podiatric Medicine at Kent State University, just to name a few.
Meet some of our successful medical alumni!
- Dr. Jennifer Sheehe Broome, C'95, a pediatrician in Baltimore
- Dr. Dan Muldoon, C'89, a family practitioner who helped establish a free clinic in rural Virginia
- Dr. Kevin Murray, C'75, one of the pioneers of the artificial heart
- Dr. Christine Commerford, C'75, the Mount's first female doctor
- Dr. Francis Delmonico, C'66, a world-renowned expert in transplant surgery
- Dr. John O'Neill, C'52, a pediatric ophthalmologist who has served children internationally