Richard J. Bolte, Sr. School of Business
Sport Management Club
The Sport Management Club was founded in 2009 in order to give students more direct contact with and exposure to the field of sport management. The club aims to promote student learning, professional development, community service, and academic comradeship for students engaged in the study of Sport Management at Mount St. Mary’s University.
Our goals include:
- To develop and increase our knowledge of the sports industry
- To inform and discuss new ventures and practices, as well as news from within the sports industry
- To create a learning experience for Mount St. Mary’s University students who are interested in the sports industry
- To create networking and educational field trip opportunities for members
- To successfully host sponsored events
- To create community service opportunities in keeping with the Mount St. Mary’s University mission
Who can join?
The group is open to sport management majors and minors, as well as any student interested in the sports industry.
What does the club do?
The sport marketing club gives students hands-on experience with planning and implementing a school-wide sporting events – The School of Business Spring Games and Picnic. Members gain experience running a sporting event, from the initial planning, marketing and sponsorship to the execution and evaluation of the event. Also, club members have opportunities to go on facility tours and meet individuals currently working in the sport industry. Joining the sport management club is a great way to get to experience working in and learning about the sport industry outside of the classroom.