Charge from the Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of Mount St. Mary’s Universities officially charges the Presidential Search Committee, chaired by Trustee Scott Wilfong, with the following:
- Determining and implementing a comprehensive process for conducting a national search;
- Selecting and retaining a firm to assist in the search for the Mount's 25th President;
- Accepting and screening all applications;
- Selecting three to four finalists to interview on campus;
- Presenting no less than two unranked candidates to the Board of Trustees; and,
- Adhering to the approved search budget.
The Board will elect the next President from the candidates presented by the Search Committee.
While the Board wishes the Search Committee to take the time necessary to complete a national search, we would like the finalists to be presented no later than February 1, 2014. The Board intends to have an appointment made by March 1, 2014.
The Board of Trustees expects that the search will be conducted in a confidential manner, up until candidates for on-campus interviews are announced; however, confidentiality requirements of certain candidates may result in off campus interviews. Only the Chair of the Search Committee will be the spokesperson for the Committee. The Chair will keep the Trustees and the campus community informed as the process moves forward.
Approved by the Board of Trustees on June, 2, 2013.
Eugene Waldron, Chairman