College of Liberal Arts
Beyond the Classroom
Whether you major in theology or simply complete Core requirements, opportunities to experience the Mount’s rich spiritual life are all around you. Our campus ministry and community service office provides interested students with numerous ways to be involved through special Masses and liturgical celebrations, prayer groups, service organizations and volunteer opportunities to help those less fortunate.
The Mount’s chapter of Theta Alpha Kappa, the national honor society in theology and religious studies, recognizes and encourages academic achievement. Through Theta Alpha Kappa, students have opportunities to present and publish papers and to compete for scholarship awards. Mount theology students have in recent years gained national recognition by publishing articles in The Journal of Theta Alpha Kappa and Delta Epsilon Sigma Journal.
Recent Honors Theses
- “’In Whom We Live and Move and Have Our Being’: From Metaphysics to Mysticism“
- “Practicing What They Preach: Neoliberalism and Catholic Social Teaching”
- “Entertaining Death: A Theological Analysis of War and Killing in the Movies”
- “The Love of Earning and the Desire for Grades”
- “Blaise Pascal: Man of Reason, Man of Faith”
- “Dorothy Day: A Troublemaking Saint?”
- “The Formation of Theology in Religious Life: A Comparison of St. Thérèse of Lisieux and St. Theophan the Recluse”
- “Martin Luther and Germain Grisez on Vocation”
- St. Bernadette’s Parish, Severn, Md.
- St. Joseph’s/St. Anthony Shrine Parish, Emmitsburg, Md.St. John’s Parish, Frederick, Md.
- Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry, Archdiocese of Baltimore, Md.
- St. Anne’s Parish, Hagerstown, Md.